Honorary Scholarship Competition
Students (the first and second cycles, and integrated studies, starting from the third semester) wishing to participate in the Honorary Scholarship Competition shall submit the following documents to the LSMU Student Representative (LSMU SA) until 12 April 2023 05:00 p.m.:
1. An application letter to participate in the Honorary Scholarship Competition (addressed to the Rector);
2. A free-form Curriculum Vitae;
3. Documents proving active participation in student activities (certificates can be obtained from the heads of your organizations/centers) and/or the need for financial aid (students who have lost their parents (adoptive parents) or guardians, students with disabled parents (adoptive parents) or guardians, or students from large families);
4. Documents proving voluntary participation in the internationalization of the University, creation of a multicultural environment, as well as increasing of knowledge about the University abroad through continuous activities (certificates, attestations, recommendations of International Relations and Studies Centre etc. confirming the achieved results for the autumn semester of 2022/2023);
5. Other documents proving the achievements of a student.
Documents certifying grade point average (GPA) will be booked for all students who had applied for the honorary scholarship (students will not need to apply at the Dean’s office for the certificates).
- GPA shall not be lower than 8.
- The scholarship shall not be awarded to students who had already been awarded a scholarship from other funds in year 2022/2023.
The submitted documents must be compiled into one document saved in PDF format, the title of which must include the Name, Surname, Faculty (abbreviated) and course (year).
Documents shall be submitted via e-mails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not get a response within 36 hours that the documents have been received, please call +37061880014 or write to the LSMU SA Facebook page.
If you have any questions regarding the preparation of the documents, please contact the LSMU Student Representative Office administrator at email@example.com or by phone +37061880014 and +37062177028.
The meeting of the Honorary Scholarship Committee will be held on 19 April, 2023 01:00 p.m. Address: A. Mickevičius st. 9, Kaunas, in the meeting hall of the Rectorate.
Participation of applicants in the Committee meeting is mandatory.
Students who have applied to participate for the scholarship competition will be informed by e-mail about the time of the interview.
Participation of applicants in the meeting of the Committee is obligatory.
The following scholarships will be awarded:
- LSMU honorary scholarship for achievements in developing the internationality of the University (for students who are actively involved and have achieved great results in the fields of increasing the internationality of LSMU, creating a multicultural environment, as well as growing the awareness of LSMU abroad);
- Lithuanian Science Support Dr. Juozas and Birutė Skrinskai Fund (for students of the Faculty of Medicine);
- Vytenis Povilas Andriukaitis Scholarship (for studens of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Public Health);
- “Camelia” Scholarship (for 4-5 year students of the Faculty of Pharmacy);
- Veterinary Pharmacy Association Scholarship (for a student of the Veterinary Medicine study programme at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine);
- JSC “Agrokoncernas” Scholarship (for a student of the Animal Science program at the Faculty of Animal Science).
Candidates will be selected in 2023/2024 m. for the following nominal scholarships (the final decision will be made by the founders of the scholarships):
1. Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Lithuania Kazys Grinius (for students of life sciences, health, veterinary sciences, agricultural sciences, sports study groups). IMPORTANT: the application must be accompanied by documents with information about the candidate’s study results of the last two semesters, evaluation of the candidate’s studies, scientific and / or artistic activities, indicating particularly good results of studies, scientific and / or artistic activities, student participation in competitions, expeditions, in student research practice projects.
2. Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Lithuania Algirdas Brazauskas (for students of the study group of social sciences). IMPORTANT: the application must be accompanied by documents with information about the candidate’s study results of the last two semesters, evaluation of the candidate’s studies, scientific and / or artistic activities, indicating particularly good results of studies, scientific and / or artistic activities, student participation in competitions, expeditions, in student research practice projects.
3. Birutė Petrikas Scholarship (for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students of the first cycle study program “Nursing” of the Faculty of Nursing, for 1st and 2nd year students of the second cycle study program “Nursing Leadership” and for 1st year students of “Advanced Nursing Practice”). IMPORTANT: The founder’s application form * with the requested information and attachments must be submitted upon request. * Inquire about the application form at the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Nursing.
4. Dr. Juozas Brundza Scholarship (for students of the Veterinary Medicine study program). IMPORTANT: The founder’s application form * with the requested information and attachments must be submitted upon request. * Inquire about the questionnaire from the Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.