Lithuanian University of Health Sciences announces the selection for state-funded and non-funded doctoral studies in the areas of Natural, Medical and Health, and Agricultural Sciences. University accepts applications for doctoral studies:
1. in the area of Medical and Health Sciences the fields of Medicine, Odontology, Pharmacy, Public Health and Nursing;
2. in the area of Natural Sciences in the field of Biology and Biophysics;,
3. in the area of Agricultural Sciences the fields of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
Persons with a master’s degree (or equivalent higher education) may participate in the selection for admission to doctoral studies.
Main selection criteria:
- the relevance of the doctoral application to the development objectives of the Faculty or the Research Institute;
- the results of completing master’s or equivalent higher education qualification studies;
- published research articles or papers if there are no published peer-reviewed research articles;
- understanding and motivation of the scientific problems of the field of study where they are applying;
- compliance of research with the strategic directions of the University’s development.
The applicant should submit the following documents to the Research Affairs Department:
1. application to participate in the competition (see below);
2. curriculum vitae;
3. recommendations by two researchers (the head of the department, where the applicant wishes to study, and the expected doctoral supervisor);
4. a copy of the master’s degree or equivalent higher education qualification diploma and its supplements;
5. a copy of the specialised medical practice license (for those applying to clinical departments);
6. list of bibliography (to be approved by the responsible LSMU library employee) and copies of scientific articles. Iif there are no published scientific articles, a scientific paper reflecting the focus of the research and work activities (the topic of the paper shall be proposed by the department that has requested a doctoral placement). The paper will be evaluated by the prospective doctoral student’s supervisor in the recommendation and given points based on the ten-point scale;
7. a copy of the document certifying the change of surname;
8. a copy of the entrance fee receipt (40 Eur).
Bank account details:
Registration code 302536989; AB SEB bank, bank code – 70440, Account No. LT09 7044 0600 0290 5377, payment code 6172
The application is accepted and registered only after submitting all the necessary documents from 10 July 2023 until 18 September 2023.
Documents are accepted at A. Mickevičius 7, room 106, Kaunas, tel. +370 37 32 72 76, +370 37 32 72 77.