LSMU Science Fund
The Science Fund is formed in order to support the University’s research development in accordance with the University’s strategic activity plan approved by the Council.
Funding of the Science Fund is allocated for the following purposes:
- To finance the research of university research groups, researchers, and doctoral students.
- To encourage the most productive and active research workers and doctoral students working at the University.
- To support scientific events organised by the University.
- To support the publication of articles by university employees in journals. The requirements for the journal are determined by the Board of the Science Foundation no more than once a year. The established requirements shall be applied no earlier than 2 months after their publication on the University’s website.
- For the support of the university’s experimental base for carrying out scientific research in the strategic development areas determined by the Council.
- To encourage experimental development and commercialisation of R&D results by university scientists, researchers, and doctoral students.
- Chairperson of the board;
- active researchers delegated by the heads of the University’s faculties and scientific institutes (at least one representative from each faculty and scientific institute of the University);
- the Head of the Research Centre or their delegated employee;
- Two doctoral students delegated by the doctoral student council;
- Chief Economist of the University’s Economic and Planning Department;
- Delegated employee of the Kaunas Clinics, Hospital of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences.
REQUIREMENTS AND RELATED DOCUMENTS
Requirements for LSMU Science Fund support
From 2 March 2018, to support the publication of articles by university employees in journals, the following requirements for journals set by the Board of the Science Fund apply.
In order to receive financial support from the LSMU Science Fund (the LSMU Science Fund can provide financial support to LSMU employees if their article accepted for publication is in a journal with a citation index ( Impact Factor) is greater than 50 % of the aggregated citation index of the relevant category set for the field category of the journal or is greater than 30 % of the aggregated citation index of the relevant category determined for the field category of the journal when the first author of the article is a doctoral student and the article publishes the results of dissertation work) of an article accepted for publication in order to pay the publication costs, it is necessary to submit:
- a request for the payment of article publication costs, if the citation rate of the journal is higher than 40% of the aggregated citation rate of the relevant category, set for the field category of the journal, addressed to the Chairperson of the Board of the LSMU Science Fund. All authors of the article accepted for publication, their institutional affiliations (affiliations), the name of the journal, the title of the article accepted for publication, and the requested payment amount are indicated in the request; also, the application indicates from which ongoing/implemented project the results are published or for which project it is planned to submit an application; other information significant in your opinion; or
- a request in the established form for the payment of article publication costs, if the citation rate of the journal is higher than 30% of the aggregated citation rate of the relevant category, set for the field category of the journal, and the first author of the article is a doctoral student, and the results of the dissertation work are published in the article The request indicates all authors of the accepted printed article , their institutional affiliations (affiliations), the name of the journal, the name of the article accepted for publication, the amount requested for payment; the application also indicates the results of the ongoing/implemented project, or the project for which the application is planned, other information significant in your opinion.
- A certificate issued by the LSMU Library and Information Centre that the citation index of your chosen journal meets the support criteria of the LSMU Science Fund.
- copy of the email letter or other a document showing that the editorial staff of the magazine has accepted your article for publication (accepted for publication);
- copy of the email letter , an advance invoice (proforma invoice), but not the final invoice (invoice), or other document indicating the requested payment amount;
- only that page(s) of the accepted article manuscript (but not the entire manuscript) where the names, surnames, affiliations, e-mails of all the authors of the article can be seen, e-mail addresses that were provided when submitting the article manuscript to the editorial board of the journal.
All the above-mentioned documents are delivered to the LSMU Research Centre (A. Mickevičius st. 7, Room 106).