ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Compulsory subjects: “Introduction to Studies” and the module “Professional Language”, consisting of professional terminology in basics of Latin, professional foreign languages (English, German, French, Russian), language culture and specialty language subjects.
Optional subjects: “Second Foreign (French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Danish) Language”, “Translation of Medical Literature” (English), “Fundamentals of Russian Medical Terminology”, “Scientific Style”, “Introduction to the Science of Education”. Latin and Lithuanian languages are taught in English to international students.
Doctoral students are taught an optional subject – “Theory and Practice of Education”.
Main directions of research:
Theoretical – the search for possibilities of combining linguistic and educational research methodologies, determining the effectiveness of socialisation of studies in the field of biomedical sciences.
- Application of pedagogy and philology theories in creating and adapting performance research instruments;
- Combining linguistic and educational research methodologies, studying the effectiveness of the socialisation results of biomedical studies.
The scientific topic of the department is “Investigation of the effectiveness of socialisation of university studies in the field of specialised biomedical sciences”. Work performance deadlines: 01/01/2017 – 12/31/2021.
The purpose of the research is to determine the effectiveness of socialisation of biomedical studies based on the methodology of philology and educational science, by studying the achieved results according to the intended tasks:
- Conduct research on the results of the development of general and special abilities.
- Conduct research on the results of the development of communication and cooperation competences.
- Conduct research on the results of application of communication areas, forms, and techniques.
- Conduct research on the results of general and professional values education.
The expected result is a prepared methodology for determining and improving the effectiveness of the socialisation of biomedical sciences studies; developed tools/techniques and developed and tested educational methods/techniques that condition the effectiveness of socialisation of biomedical sciences studies.
The department cooperates with the Department of Languages of the Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Prague, Hradec Králové, the Language Centre of Masaryk University of Brno, the Language Center of Ankara University, the Department of Didactics and Educational Organisation of the Faculty of Philosophy and Educational Sciences of the University of Valencia, Spain, and the Foreign Language Centre of Vilnius College.