DESCRIPTION OF STUDIES
Integrated studies at LSMU – continuous studies lasting 5 (Dentistry, Pharmacy) or 6 (Medicine, Veterinary Medicine) years, after which a master’s degree and a professional qualification are awarded. Applications for integrated studies at LSMU can be submitted during the general admission. Every year, LSMU’s integrated study programmes are among the top ten most popular study programmes in the country, and as many as 90% of graduates with a master’s degree find employment in their first year after graduation.
Studies at LSMU take place in modern classrooms, renovated laboratories, established practice bases, and practical skills are taught with the help of modern simulation equipment.
Students have the opportunity to live in one of the university’s dormitories. The dormitories are located in strategically convenient places, not far from the university departments, there are bus and trolleybus stops, shops and various entertainment places nearby.
The admission procedure to the study programmes in English is based on following RULES FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS TO THE LITHUANIAN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES IN 2023 (Rules are reviewed each academic year, so minor changes are to be expected).
International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and pass the entrance test. Basic knowledge in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics is required. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
All applicants must apply online and provide all documents required for admission.
Holders of foreign qualifications who prefer to study in the Lithuanian language can be accepted to the state-funded study places in the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences or claim for scholarships in accordance with the procedures established by the applicable legislation in cases when:
- They are citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) ;
- They are non-EU and non-EEA nationals granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or they are stateless persons;
- They are children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin (further the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin).
For more information, please, follow this link.
Foreign nationals and stateless persons who do not meet the required criteria listed above are accepted to study at higher education institutions with their own funds by taking part in the competition.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED:
- Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate approved by the governmental authorities (see below “Legalization of Education Documents”) in English or an authorized translation into English.
- Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school verifying successful completion of Biology and Chemistry. For Health Psychology study programme – Mathematics and Biology;
- Certificate proving the knowledge of English: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar.
- Motivation letter;
- Passport or ID;
- One passport-type photograph (3×4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (non-refundable).
- Bachelor’s Degree Diploma (university’s level) approved by the governmental authorities (see below “Legalization of Education Documents”) in English or an authorized translation into English. More detailed description of the required educational documents is provided online: https://apply.lsmuni.lt/;
- Transcript of Academic Records provided directly from the former university (if it was issued in any other language than English, an authorized translation into English must be provided);
- Certificate proving the knowledge of English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar.
- Motivation letter;
- Passport or ID;
- One passport-type photograph (3×4 cm);
- Application fee 150 EUR (non – refundable).
Note: The Admission Committee may request additional documents.
Legalization of Education Documents
Applicants who received their education in member countries of the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. In most countries, the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.
Recognition of Education Documents
Applicants must be eligible to study at the university based on the level of qualification from former education. High school matriculation or university diplomas are verified according to the required level of education and must pass validation of authenticity. The process is performed following the Procedure for Academic Recognition of Foreign Qualifications and Quality Assurance System for Decision-Making.
|1 November||Opening the online application period. All applicants must apply at apply.lsmuni.lt and upload copies of all required documents|
|8 November||Review of the applications begins|
|2 January||The period of Entrance tests starts|
|5 July||Application deadline. The online application system will be closed on 5 July 00:00|
|15 July||Deadline to sit entrance test|
The test could be held in Kaunas during Open Days, or any other city worldwide (subject to the number of applicants). The qualified applicants will be invited to the entrance test by an admission officer (LSMU) or an official University representative outside Lithuania. In some cases the entrance test can be organized online. Applicants will be informed individually about the possibility to sit the online test.
The entrance test has two steps: the interview and the test composed of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in Biology and Chemistry (30 questions each). The total time to complete the test is 90 minutes.
- Biology Topics for the Entrance Test
- Chemistry Topics for the Entrance Test
- Recommended Text Books
- Entrance test example
If applicants are not able to present a certificate proving the knowledge of English language (TOEFL, IELTS, B2 Level ‘Independent user’ by CEFR or adequate), they must sit the English language test, prepared by the University.
|January 26||Gothenburg Sweden||Canceled|
|January 26||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|January 30||Stockholm, Sweden||Canceled|
|February 23||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|March 10||Oslo, Norway||Address: TBA|
|March 10||Stockholm, Sweden||Canceled|
|March 12||Gothenburg, Sweden||Scandic Crown hotel (Polhemsplatsen 3)|
|March 30||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|April 13||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|April 13||Stockholm, Sweden||Address: TBA|
|April 22||Valencia, Spain||Address: TBA|
|April 27||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|May 11||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|May 15||Oslo, Norway||Address: TBA|
|May 16||Gothenburg, Sweden||Address: TBA|
|May 25||Online entrance test||The link will be provided for the selected applicants only.|
|June 20||Stockholm, Sweden||Address: TBA|
|June 22||Gothenburg, Sweden||Address: TBA|
The following applicants are exempted from LSMU entrance test:
1. Applicants who apply for the following programmes:
- First Cycle (Bachelor’s) degrees: Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Health Psychology, Physiotherapy, Medical and Veterinary Genetics, Dental Hygiene;
Note: The admission of the above-listed applicants will be based on their prior education grades in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics (Health Psychology only) and interview results. It is mandatory to sit entrance test for the applicants with no grades in the listed subjects.
- Second Cycle (Master’s) degrees: Applied Public Health, Management of Public Health, Advanced Nursing Practice, Lifestyle Medicine, Food Science, Animal Science, Clinical Health Psychology, Animal and Human Interaction, Laboratory Medicine Biology.
2. Applicants whose education is based on formally acknowledged educational systems listed below with evaluation scores in Biology and Chemistry (Mathematics for Health Psychology study programme):
|A level certificate “A Levels”||B and B|
|IB Diploma “International Baccalaureate”||5 (H level)|
|BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test)|
BMAT could be taken at home country or any other country here the tests are offered. Please, click here for further information.
|Sections 1 and 2 – score 5, |
Section 3 – score 3B
|MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)|
MCAT could be taken at home country or any other country where test is offered. Please, click here for further information.
|IMAT (International Medical Admissions Test)|
IMAT could be taken at home country or any other country where test is offered. Please, click here for further information.
|NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)|
NEET is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. Please, click here for further information.
|German certificate – “Abitur”||12 (points) or 1-2|
|Swedish certificate – “Examensbevis”||B and B (level 2)|
|Spanish certificate – “Titulo de Bachiller” accompanied by “Selectividad”||7|
|French certificate – “Baccalaureat”||15|
You can come to Lithuania on a study or science basis. If you are a student, teacher or researcher and are going to stay in Lithuania for no longer than a year, you can get a national visa. If you intend to stay longer, you should opt for a temporary residence permit (it is usually issued for 1 year, for students, for researchers and for teachers – for 2 years, and can be renewed later). You may receive a national visa for the duration of consideration of your application for a temporary residence permit.
If you hold a valid temporary residence permit or national visa issued by another Member State of the European Union for the purpose of study and you are covered by a programme financed by the European Union or its Member States to promote the mobility of third-country nationals within the European Union or by an agreement between two or more higher education establishments, you may come to pursue a part of your studies and stay in the Republic of Lithuania for a maximum of 360 days without a visa, and you can work too.
For a more detailed information about documents necessary for a visa or TRP procedure visit the website of the MIGRATION DEPARTMENT.
In order to get your national visa D or TRP (Temporary residence permit) issued, you must apply to the Embassy of Lithuania or to external service provider’s visa application center – VFS.GLOBAL
FOREIGNERS CAN OBTAIN A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT BEFORE COMING TO LITHUANIA
From 2 January 2023, foreigners wishing to obtain a temporary residence permit Lithuania (TRP) will be able to submit their applications in 34 different foreign countries at the VFS Global.
VFS Global offices services is available to all foreign nationals legally present in the country where a such services are provided.
Countries where the offices of the external service provider VFS Global will be open: Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, Sa Kartvel, India, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Moldova, Moldova, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
The VSF Global offices is authorized:
- to provide clients with information on the procedure for issuing temporary residence permit (TRP).
- to accept applications and all required documents.
- to collect personal and biometric data of applicants and transfer all data to the Migration Department of the Republic of Lithuania.
The decisions on whether or not to issue a temporary residence permit will be taken only by the Migration Department of the Republic of Lithuania.
Mandatory fee – 60.00 EUR. The duration of the examination of the application is up to 3 months.
- Once the Migration Department’s specialists have taken a decision to issue a temporary residence permit in Lithuania, the card produced will be sent abroad. Thus, the foreigner will arrive in Lithuania with a valid residence permit and will no longer need to obtain an additional visa.
- If the foreigner has a visa entitling to come to Lithuania, or if he/she uses a visa-free regime. He/she will be able to collect the temporary residence permit (TRP) card at the Migration Office in Lithuania, when arrived to Lithuania.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the study fairs in your city!
|27-28/10/2022||XXV International Education Fair||Tashkent, Uzbekistan|
24-26/11/2022 Thursday 10:00-17:00, Friday 10:00-16:00, Saturday 10:00-15:00
|Kunskap&Framid||Gothenburg, Sweden||Visit us in stands B05:40 and B03:27 https://en.kunskapframtid.se/|
|07/12/2022, 9:00 – 16:00||SACO ||Malmo, Sweden||https://www.hhs.se/en/about-us/calendar/meet-us/2022/saco-studentmassa-malmo/|
|19/01/2023, 09:30 – 18:00 ||Unitour International University Fair||Valencia, Spain||Visit us: MUSEO DE LAS CIENCIAS – CIUDAD DE LAS ARTES Y LAS CIENCIAS Av. del Professor López Piñero, 7, 46013 Valencia|
|01-02/12/2022 9:00 – 16:00||SACO||Stockholm, Sweden||Kistamässan AB, Arne Beurlings Torg 5, 164 40 Kista|
|28/01/2023 12:00 – 16:00||Annual Eduplanet fair||Stockholm, Sweden||Clarion Hotel Sign Stockholm Stortingsgata 20, Venue room C4|
|03/02/2023 13:00-16:00||Annual Blueberry fair||Gothenburg Sweden||Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel (close to central station) Street address: Södra Hamngatan 59 Post code: 401 24 City: Gothenburg|
|04/02/2023 13:00 – 16:00||Annual Blueberry fair||Stockholm, Sweden||Kulturhuset, Foajé 3, Sergels Torg (close to the central station) Address: Sergels torg 3|
|15-16/02/2023. 9:00 – 15:00||Students Fairs Norway||Oslo, Norway||https://www.tautdanning.no/studentfairs/oslo/ Exhibition venue|
John Strandruds vei 16,
1360 Fornebu OSLO / TELENOR ARENA
|01-02/03/2023||World EXPO Educational Fair||Tashkent, Uzbekistan||International Hotel Tashkent, Uzbekistan|
|04/03/2023, 10:00 – 16:00||Horizon fair in Munster||Munster, Germany||Messe und Congress Centrum Halle Münsterland|
|09/03/2023, 16:00 – 20:00||Annual Eduplanet fair||Oslo, Norway||Östra Järnvägsgatan 35 0161 Oslo, Norway 111 20 Stockholm, Sweden|
|09/03/2023||Annual Studin fair||Stockholm, Sweden||Sergels torg, Stockholm, Sweden|
|11/03/2023||Annual Studin fair||Gotheburg, Sweden||Tredje Långgatan 9 in Göteborg, Sweden|
|01/04/2023, 10:00-16:00||Annual fair with Future Doctor||Munchen, Germany||PresseClub Munich, on Marienplatz 22, 80331 München|
|01/04/2023, 14.00–18.00||Begin fair in Vietnam||Hanoi, Vietnam||Venue: Pullman Hanoi Hotel, 40 Cat Linh St., Dong Da District Registration page, https://begin-expo.com/en/events/international-education-fair-hanoi/|
|01/04/2023, 14.00–18.00||Begin fair in Vietnam||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam||Venue: Lotte Hotel Saigon, 2A-4A Ton Duc Thang St., District 1 Registration page, https://begin-expo.com/en/events/international-education-fair-hochimihn/|
|26-28/04/2023||GETEX||Dubai, UAE||Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre|
Lithuanian University of Health Sciences – SPECIALISED, INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY
A specialized in the field of biomedical studies, University trains specialists in all in-demand areas of life sciences, the entire team of health care professionals: doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, rehabilitation, public health, veterinary, animal sciences, food and feed production and safety specialists.